[Assorted] Card Repository: [Vision] Subtypes
|[Assorted] Card Repository: Cardlist | Visual spoiler | Export | Booster | Comments | Search | Recent activity|
|Mechanics | Card Cycles | Related Cards | Tribes | Factions | Planeswalker Profiles | Color Combinations | Cardset Overview | Fragmented Permanents | Planeswalker's Guide | Three Changes | [Vision] Subtypes | Horde Notes | Assorted Notes|
[Vision] Object Types; Subtypes for all Card Types; Character Identity Words
Last updated: 2016-05-01
Fun with card types for custom card creation. This is a brainstorm/compilation attempt, so I don't go into much detail in this first post, but details are added as I revisit this thread.
Feel free to criticize, inquire, add ideas or anything I might have forgotten... but keep in mind that this is a work in process. Smile
- The nonproperty supertpes are basic, elite, legendary, ongoing, snow, world.
- There are property supertypes. They are created by using a character identity word and adding 's to it e. g. the planeswalker type Urza becomes Urza's. (Planeswalker types are character identity words.)
- Some card type are permanent types. These are artifact, creature, enchantment, land, planeswalker, structure.
- Some additional permanent types are zone card types. These are battlefield, graveyard and library.
- The nonpermanent types to used in decks are instant, sorcery, tribal.
- Some card types are "command" types. These are conspiracy, hero, phenomenon, plane, saga, scheme, vanguard.
Noncard Object Types
- Some objects are represented by physical card game pieces, but are noncard objects according to the rules. They are printed with Noncard Object Types.
- The Noncard object types are emblem, token.
- The artifact types are Assembly, Banner, Bauble, Bomb, Borderpost, Contraption, Equipment, Fortification, Gem, Implement, Monument, Potion, Relic, Signet, Stone, Totem, Treasure, Trigon, Trinket.
- The creature types are Advisor, Ally, Angel, Anteater, Antelope, Ape, Archer, Archon, Artificer, Assassin, (removed: Assembly-Worker), Atog, Aurochs, Avatar, Badger, Barbarian, Basilisk, Bat, Bear, Beast, Beeble, Berserker, Bird, Blinkmoth, Boar, Bringer, Brushwagg, Camarid, Camel, Caribou, Carrier, Cat, Centaur, Cephalid, Chimera, Citizen, Cleric, Cockatrice, Construct, Coward, Crab, Crocodile, Cyclops, Dauthi, Demon, Deserter, Devil, Djinn, Dragon, Drake, Dreadnought, Drone, Druid, Dryad, Dwarf, Efreet, Elder, Eldrazi, Elemental, Elephant, Elf, Elk, Eye, Faerie, Familiar, Ferret, Fish, Flagbearer, Fox, Frog, Fungus, Gargoyle, Germ, Giant, Gnome, Goat, Goblin, God, Golem, Gorgon, Graveborn, Gremlin, Griffin, Hag, Harpy, Head, Hellion, Hippo, Hippogriff, Homarid, Homunculus, Horror, Horse, Hound, Human, Hydra, Hyena, Illusion, Imp, Incarnation, Insect, Jellyfish, Juggernaut, Kavu, Kirin, Kithkin, Knight, Kobold, Kor, Kraken, Lamia, Lammasu, Leech, Leviathan, Lhurgoyf, Licid, Lizard, Manticore, Masticore, Mercenary, Merchant, Merfolk, Metathran, Minion, Minotaur, Monger, Mongoose, Monk, Moonfolk, Mount, Mutant, Myr, Mystic, Naga, Nautilus, Nephilim, Nightmare, Nightstalker, Ninja, Noble, Noggle, Nomad, Nymph, Octopus, Ogre, Ooze, Orb, Orc, Orgg, Ouphe, Ox, Oyster, Pegasus, Pentavite, Pest, Phelddagrif, Phoenix, Pincher, Pirate, Plant, Praetor, Prism, Processor, Rabbit, Rat, Rebel, Reflection, Reveler, Rhino, Rigger, Rogue, Sable, Salamander, Samurai, Sand, Saproling, Satyr, Scarecrow, Scientist, Scion, Scorpion, Scout, Serf, Serpent, Shade, Shaman, Shapeshifter, Sheep, Siren, Skeleton, Slith, Sliver, Slug, Snake, Soldier, Soltari, Spawn, Specter, Spellshaper, Sphinx, Spider, Spike, Spirit, Splinter, Sponge, Squid, Squirrel, Starfish, Surrakar, Survivor, Tarkatan, Tetravite, Thalakos, Thopter, Thrull, Treefolk, Triskelavite, Troll, Turtle, Unicorn, Vampire, Vedalken, Viashino, Volver, Wall, Warrior, Weird, Werewolf, Whale, Wizard, Wolf, Wolverine, Wombat, Worker, Worm, Wraith, Wurm, Yeti, Zombie, and Zubera.
- The enchantment types are Aura, Bane, Boon, Curse, Mark, Ascendency, Circle, Dictate, Essence, Fantasy, Font, Hymn, Insanity, Law, Leyline, Quest, Sanctuary, Seal, Shrine, Siege, Sphere, Strategy, Ward
- The primary basic land types are Plains, Island, Swamp, Mountain, Forest.
- The secondary basic land types are Cave, Dune, Colony, Gyre, Rift. (Secondary basic land types are reserved for additional colors.)
- The nonbasic land types are Arena, City, Desert, Gate, Lair, Locus, Market, Mine, Oasis, Power-Plant, Tower.
- The planeswalker types are Ajani, Ashiok, Bolas, Chandra, Dack, Daretti, Daria, Domri, Elspeth, Freyalise, Garruk, Gideon, Guff, Jace, Karn, Kiora, Koth, Kristina, Levar, Liliana, Nahiri, Narset, Nissa, Nixilis, Parcher, Ral, Sarkhan, Serra, Sifa, Sorin, Szat, Tamiyo, Taysir, Teferi, Tezzeret, Tibalt, Ugin, Urza, Venser, Vraska, Windgrace, Xenagos.
- Each planeswalker type is also a character identity word.
- The structure types are Armory, Estate, Institute, Workshop.
- The spell types are Arcane, Beacon, Cantrip, Charm, Command, Divine, Feat, Miracle, Pact, Primal, Psionic, Ritual, Skill, Summon, Tactic, Trap, Tutor, Ultimatum, Wish, Zenith.
- The planar types are Alara, Arkhos, Azgol, Belenon, Bolas's Meditation Realm, Dominaria, Equilor, Ergamon, Fabacin, Innistrad, Iquatana, Ir, Kaldheim, Kamigawa, Karsus, Kephalai, Kinshala, Kolbahan, Kyneth, Lorwyn, Luvion, Mercadia, Mirrodin, Moag, Mongseng, Muraganda, New Phyrexia, Phyrexia, Pyrulea, Rabiah, Rath, Ravnica, Regatha, Segovia, Serra's Realm, Shadowmoor, Shandalar, Ulgrotha, Valla, Vryn, Wildfire, Xerex, and Zendikar.
Caracter Identity Words/"Legendary Types"
- Character identity words are markers for unique storyline entities. Multiple legendary permanents or planeswakers with the same character identity controlled by the same player will be affected by the 'uniqueness rule' SBAs.
- Each planeswalker type is a character identity word.
- Legendary permanents can have additional character identity words in the subname box.
- Each object with a character identity has a name equivalent to that name in addition to its other names.
- Examples for character identity words are Akroma, Crovax, Crucius, Fblthp, Mishra, Mewtwo, Zur, Zyxxy.