Phandalor: Froggychum's Ideas
|Phandalor: Cardlist | Visual spoiler | Export | Booster | Comments | Search | Recent activity|
|Mechanics | Froggychum's Ideas | Wurms Ideas | Archetypes | Lore|
Drezgor, The Great Fog - Lacks
- School of Somnomancers
- Not just a bunch of mages wielding sleep-inducing magic. They have a large array of spells that affect the mind in various ways.
- Control focused strategy/gameplay, looking to win by denying an opponent and either decking them or picking away at their life total until it's zero.
- Mechanic is the ability word Fatigue ("If two or more cards have been put in a player's hand this turn, do X"). Used on both permanents and spells.
- Ritualists of the Drezgorian Ancients
- Uses mostly 0-3 CMC spells. Uses big 7+ CMC spells as finishers if necessary
- Mechanic is Ritual PARAM1 ("If you've cast another spell this turn, add PARAM1")
- Because of the low-curve of this faction, many spells will give card advantage
- The Marsh Men
- Nine thousand years ago, a Circle of druids vanished into unnamed woodland swamps
- Today, a race of Horrors (with a significantly larger-than-usual Druid population) living in a solitary society full of veiled mysteries and acts of cruelty with no witnesses.
- Feared by the rest of Drezgor because they are one of the biggest boogeymen.
- Mechanic: Morbid
- Steamworkers of the Engine of Fumes
- Artifacts matter
- Mechanic is the action word Offering to the Machine ("Sacrifice a creature. Then, return an artifact card with a lower CMC from any graveyard to the battlefield tapped under your control")
- Lands matter
- Damage interactions
- Whenever deals combat damage to a player or planeswalker, do X.
- Returning mechanics are Awaken
- These guys are the odd ones out because they are all about awakening the land because they hate stagnation, little do they know why things evolved specifically NOT to do that. Roilmages are the unwitting villains, while the Ancient worshippers are the villains, their members being privy to various levels of knowledge depending on their rank.
Broodholm, the Restless Lands - Lacks
- The Edgefort Guard
- Theme: Colors Matter
- Control archetype
- Mechanics are: Protection
- Human Soldiers
- White Druids of the Lost Grove
- Theme: Tokens & Counters
- Midrange archetype.
- Mechanics are: Populate, Proliferate & Resist.
- Life gain.
- Madankir Barbarians
- Theme: Attacking Matters
- Aggro archetype.
- Mechanics are: Menace & Afflict.
- Combat phase focus.
- Downside cards.
- Black Druids of the Underwild
- Theme: Creature cards in graveyard
- Control/midrange archetype
- Mechanics are: Consume & Sustain
- Roamers of the Wilderlands
- Theme: Power Matters
- Aggro/midrange archetype
- Returning mechanics are Ferocious and Adapt
- Monsters + Beasts
- Buffs, probably.
- Bounty Hunters of Broodholm
- Theme: Bounty Tokens
- Supports each other archetype.
- Lots o' Legends.