Arcunda: Mechanic descriptions
|Arcunda: Cardlist | Visual spoiler | Export | Booster | Comments | Search | Recent activity|
|Mechanics | Setting | Mechanic descriptions | Skeleton|
If you wish to comment on this page, please leave a set-wide comment
Chargeup is an ability of some permanent cards. It represents the slow accumulation of energy allowing more powerful effects to happen less often.
Chargeup is a triggered ability. "Chargeup" means "When this enters the battlefield and at the beginning of your upkeep, put a charge counter on it.". Most cards with Chargeup also have an activated ability that has you remove some number of charge counters as a cost.
- Multiple instances of Chargeup are not redundant. A card with two instances of Chargeup N will gain 2 counters each upkeep.
Chargecast is an ability of some spells. It provides an alternative way to pay for some or all of a spell, in a similar fashion to Convoke.
Chargecast is a static ability that functions when the spell with Chargecast is on the stack. "Chargecast" means "As an additional cost to cast this spell, you may remove any number of charge counters from permanents you control. Each counter removed this way reduces the cost to cast this spell by or by one mana of any of that permanent’s colours."
Parrying is an ability of some creatures. It allows a creature to block and damage more than one creature per combat.
Parrying is a keyword that represents two static abilities. "Parrying" means "This creature may block an additional creature." and "Instead of its normal combat damage, this creatures deals combat damage equal to its power to each creature it blocks."
- In Arcunda, creatures only ever have one instance of Parrying.
- Both blocked creatures damage the creature with Parrying as normal.
- Multiple instances of Parrying are partially redundant. A creature with "Parrying, Parrying" and no other relevant text can block three creatures; it will deal combat damage equal to its power to each of them.
- If a creature has Parrying and can also block multiple creatures due to another ability, then it will deal combat damage equal to its power to all of them (regardless of the number of instances of Parrying the creature has).
Scrycling is an activated ability that functions only while the card with Scrycling is in a player’s hand. "Scrycling N - [cost]" means "[Cost], Discard this card: Look at the top N cards of your library, put any number of them on the bottom of your library in any order, and put the rest on top of your library in any order."
Given the Chargeup and Chargecast mechanics spread through all 5 colours, I thought having some other ways to interact with charge counters would be interesting. Some very quick brainstorming off the W and U commons I already have suggests the following.
- White and Blue can Add counters to my permanents
- Blue and Black can Remove counters from my permanents for my gain
- Black and Red can Remove counters from your permanents for your loss
- Red and Green can Count your counters for your loss
- Green and White can Count my counters for my gain
(This means in turn that White can only affect my stuff incrementally; Blue can only affect my stuff; Black can only remove counters; Red can only harm you; Green can only count, not manipulate. That also seems about right)