[Val] Valhar, the Dying Plane
[Val] Valhar, the Dying Plane by SecretInfiltrator
56 cards in Multiverse
25 commons, 22 uncommons, 9 rares
12 white, 11 blue, 10 black,
7 red, 14 green, 2 artifact
59 comments total
Small standalone set trying to rehabilitate **cumulative upkeep**.
|[Val] Valhar, the Dying Plane: Cardlist | Visual spoiler | Export | Booster | Comments | Search | Recent activity|
|Mechanics | Creative/World Building | Story | Draft Archetypes | Skeleton|
Valhar is an attempt to create as interesting a small set as possible revolving around a rather terrible mechanic: cumulative upkeep.
There are a few main goals:
- Create a playable Limited environment.
- Explore ways to interact with the mechanic in a simple form.
- Explore the color identity of the mechanic. Make it feel different for each color.
There are also a few self-imposed restrictions/milestones to help the goals:
- There need to be cards featuring the keyword at all rarities in each color.
- Each rare and most uncommon card has either cumulative upkeep or interacts with one of its aspects (counters, the upkeep step, sacrifice, you name it!)
- At common and uncommon there will be no nonmana costs for cumulative upkeep.
- There will be french vanillas with cumulative upkeep in each color.
- There will be no multicolor.
Beyond cumulative upkeep no other keyword/ability word is planned. I could imagine something interesting springing from someone's mind though, but I specifically want to avoid further existing keywords.
Recently active cards: (all recent activity)